JOB SUMMARYThis position functions as the strategic business leader of the Hotel Operations. Areas of responsibility cover Front Office, Housekeeping, Food and Beverage/ Kitchen and Maintenance.
The position works with the Unit Managers to develop and implement hotel strategies focusing on growing revenues and maximizing the financial performance of profit centres to provide a good return on investment. The position also ensures implementation of the group’s operating procedures while ensuring that hotel Operations meet set service standards.
- Oversees the entire operations of the Group's hotels ensuring the hotel Units are run smoothly
- Ensure Standards of Operations of all Units are of the highest quality and regularly benchmarking against competition
- Driving a service culture to deliver outstanding customer service through all aspects of the business.
- Participate and supervise in close conjunction with each Unit Manager, annual operating budgets which will form part of the business plan
- Co-ordinate the organizational and administrative functions of all Units
- Monitor closely the profitability of all departments in order to provide solutions to improve problem areas and assist in implementing corrective measures
- Develop and maintain a service culture to deliver on JHL vision of becoming the favorite, friendly hotels
- Develop international hotel & conferencing partnerships, affiliations and accreditations with international, regional and local networks
- Develop linkages with international and local travel & hotelier associations and organizations;
- Develop and maintain a robust and conducive work environment for attracting and retaining the best staff available
- Provide technical support and advice on strategic directions to the group and inspirational leadership to the staff for increased profitability
- Ensure the protection and growth of the Group's assets;
- Communication skills
- Financial Acumen
- Problem Solving
- Use of best practices
- Human Relations
- Leadership skills and supervision
- Oral and written communication
- Customer relations
- Professional conduct/ethics
- Time management
- Energy management
- Conflict management
- Recruitment and Training
- This position requires an experienced hotel operations manager to oversee day-to-day operations of the hotel Units.
- A Bachelors Degree or equivalent from hotel management school is required.
- The prospective candidate must also have at least 5 years management experience in 4 Star (or higher) hotel operations.
- In addition experience in hotel operations such as F&B Manager, Front Office, Chef or Deputy General Manager for at least 3 years at a 4 Star or above establishment is desirable.