JOB SUMMARY:Under the general guidance and supervision of the Food and Beverage Manager, and within the limits of established Property policies and Procedures and Food and Beverage manual, oversees and direct all aspect of food and beverage operation.
- Supervises the day to day operation of the food and beverage department.
- Assist the Food and Beverage Manager in controlling and analyzing, on-and ongoing basis the quality level of products and services, guest satisfaction, merchandising and Marketing, Operation costs, sanitation and cleanliness and hygiene, ensuring optimum performance in specific areas as assigned in the above areas.
- Established and maintains effective employee relations
- Conducts, under the guidance of the Food and Beverage Manager, such functions as hiring specific levels of employees, employee orientation, on-the-job performance appraisal, coaching and suspension if necessary to ensure appropriate staffing and productivity.
- Develop formal training plans and conducts on-the-job training session for the Food and Beverage Department employees.
- Assist the Food and Beverage Manager with the compilations of new menus and beverage lists.
- Attends and contributes to weekly Food and Beverage meetings.
- Oversees the preparation, presentation and service of Food and Beverage products to ensure highest quality at all times.
- Assist the Food and Beverage Manager in all administrative areas, including but not limited to Food and Beverage recipe files, departmental check list and departmental Reports
- Participates in the preparation of the Hotel Strategic Plan, Marketing Plan, Goal Program and the Food and Beverage Departmental Budget.
- Diploma in Hotel Management, Kenya Utalii College, or equivalent qualification from recognized Hospitality College.
- 5 years working experience in a busy tourist class Hotel /Lodge.
- Excellent F & B product knowledge, presentation and customer service skills.
- Must be self-driven, dynamic, out-going professional with high integrity.
- Hands-on team leader, superior organizational, interpersonal relations and communication skills