JOB SUMMARY:To provide an effective system of control of all F&B transactions through methodical, systematic checking of day-to-day business transactions and provide information to management for decision making. The job holder will also liase with the F&B Manager, Executive Chef, Purchasing, Storekeepers and Receiving Clerks.
- To ensure that every cheque handed in to a supply department is accounted for in cash-paid bills or debited to the customers account.
- To ensure accurate bill summaries, in that cash bills total and credit bills prove to debits on customers’ accounts.
- To ensure that each bill has been correctly analysed and that cash returns from each department tally with cash amounts on micros audit rolls.
- To ensure a continuous audit and accumulation of data for the production of daily reports.
- To audit requisitions and issues of all outlets and highlight any inaccuracies.
- To ensure that all receivable costs for both kitchen and bars are processed speedily and held ready for rapid cost percentage computations.
- To assist with the checking of overhead costs to ensure that all departments are aware of costs, particularly when there have been deviations from the acceptable norm.
- To ensure that stock records systems are accurate and up-to-date.
- To participate in regular assets stocktakes, provide closing stock figures and physically assist with stocktaking at stipulated intervals.
- To compile stock check reports, with a breakdown of items checked and give comments where variances occur.
- To conduct spot checks, submit reports and identify possible reasons when results differ from anticipated targets.
- To compile revenue reports showing when controls are effective or highlighting discrepancies and recommend appropriate corrective action.
- To compile control reports for bars and kitchens showing percentage profits.
- To ensure that all information is passed freely to Heads of Department so they can take appropriate action in the event of adverse results.
- To ensure a smooth working relationship with other departments, avoiding antagonism in sensitive areas.
- To ensure that the prices entered in programmed or computerized cash registers are correct and updated when necessary.
- To ensure that menus are costed regularly.
- To ensure goods receiving procedures are strictly adhered to.
- To prepare feasibility studies as required.
- To monitor performance of F&B Clerks, identifying areas for development and training needs and liaising with Hotel Accountant ensuring that this training is effected.
- CPA 2 qualification.
- 3-4 years experience in Hotel or Hospitality related Finance and Accounting roles.
- Thorough knowledge of Opera and Micros or similar billing systems.
- Computer literacy and experience in MS Office for compilation of basic reports.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to compile credible facts and figures.
- Good spoken and written communication
- Good PR with outlet and other staff for information communication.