JOB SUMMARY:To manage the daily operations of the restaurant. Oversee the inventory and ordering of food and supplies, optimize profits and ensure that customers are satisfied with their dining experience. In addition he will be responsible for the selection, development and performance management of employees.
- Oversee and manage all areas of the restaurant and make final decisions on important matters. Adhere to company standards and service levels to increases sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supplies, utility and labor costs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, purchase requests and reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies and legal requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service. Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and grooming standards.
- Estimate food and beverage costs. Work with F&B Manager and F&B control staff for efficient provision and purchasing of supplies. Supervise portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste.
- Ensure quality customer service in all areas. Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, customers and company assets.
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Completes accident reports promptly in the event a customer or employee is injured.
- Minimum education least KCSE and an Advanced F&B Service certificate is required. A combination of practical experience and education will also be considered.
- Knowledge of computers in MS Office sufficient to fulfill management functions.
- Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports.