- To ensure that all menus are constantly updated, paying special attention to seasonal availability and ensuring they are calculated correctly to obtain maximum gross profit.
- Monitoring the assembly of the workstation for the next meal preparation shift, including the cleaning and preparation of food storage areas and refrigerators
- Maintaining food cost at reasonable levels without affecting quality and standards; reviewing and approving the food requisitions from the various workstations
- Enforcing and following HACCP procedures for sanitation & cleanliness, and monitoring workstations & staff for adherence to those procedures
- Enforcing the storage & disposal of over-production food items according to organizational rules & regulations
- Ensuring that all staff are constantly trained to strengthen performance, effect good portion control and inviting presentation of all dishes.
- Collaborating with the F&B Manager Chef to plan menu requirements, serving arrangements, guest comments and other related details
- Holding regular meetings with the F&B Manager to ensure that VIP's are timeously identified, and any special arrangements properly communicated.
- Holding daily meetings with the Sous-Chefs and Chefs des Parties to ensure smooth running of all kitchen departments
- Ensuring that all stocks are ordered to the correct quantities, quality and price and then stored securely and under the correct conditions applicable to each type of commodity stored.
- Demonstrating the proper operation of all equipment to staff according to proper procedures, and testing equipment to ensure accuracy of temperature gauges, heating or cooling elements, etc.
- To regularly hold maintenance checks with the Maintenance Manager to ensure that no equipment breaks down.
- To ensure that all statutory notices are posted at all relevant points and that such notices are conspicuously placed.
- To ensure that all documents are sent to the appropriate accounts department immediately for processing.
- To constantly update your knowledge and skills for the good of the establishment and the profession.
- Advanced Certificate in Food Production or Culinary training from a recognized institution with 5 years of experience as an Executive Chef or Snr Sous Chef in a high volume hotel.
- Six to eight years experience cooking and preparing food in a 4 or 5 star hotel restaurant or high-volume food service facility
- Passion for food and beverage production and trends
- Innovativeness in menu development and presentation techniques.
- Strong leadership, organizational, customer service and problem solving skills
- Capable of managing a diverse group of employees of varied skill levels
- Ability to prioritize and successfully execute multiple events.
- Extensive knowledge of food handling procedures with regard to public health standards
- Ability to meet overall established timeframes for the entire food service operation
- Demonstrated aptitude for the financial aspects of food operation, including the successful identification of expense reduction through cost control