- Plans site design by clarifying goals; designing functionality.
- Develops site navigation by categorizing content; funneling traffic through content.
- Develops site content and graphics by coordinating with copywriters and graphic artists; designing images, icons, banners, audio enhancements, etc.
- Prepares site by installing and configuring server software; installing programming language using authoring and formatting tools; ensuring cross-platform compatibility; establishing links.
- Establishes locatability by registering with search engines.
- Upgrades site by updating content and graphics; monitoring performance and results; identifying and evaluating improvement options; introducing new technology; maintaining links.
- Protects site by designing and installing security precautions.
- Maintains site appearance by developing and enforcing content and display standards; editing submissions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Must hold a degree or diploma in web design/development or related field
- Conversant with Web Graphic Design, Web Savvy, Planning, Web User Interface Design, Web Programming Skills, Illustration Tools, Multimedia Content Development, Understanding Browser Capabilities, Internet Presence
- Minimum of 3 years web application development experience
- Excellent web design skills, with a strong online portfolio
- Strong team player
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous assignments, meet tight deadlines, balance competing demands, and promptly communicate issues
- Strong written and verbal communications skills