JOB SUMMARY:To prepare dining room, including all necessary mise-en-place for service; serve customers in a professional, efficient and courteous manner.
- Prepares Tables for Dining by cleaning and covering tables and setting the mis-en-place
- Helps diners select food and beverages by presenting menu, suggesting courses, explaining day specials, answering food preparation queries, offering cocktails and aperitifs and identifying special wines
- Transmits orders to kitchen and bar by recording diner’s choices, special dietary needs and requests, noting timing of meal progression.
- Serves food and drinks by picking up and delivering items from bar, kitchen and service areas.
- Maintains dining experience by inquiring of needs, clearing tables, replenishing, filing water glasses and being alert to spills or other special needs
- Obtains revenue by totaling charges, issuing bills, returning change and charging credit cards.
- Concludes dining experience by acknowledging choice of outlet and inviting diners to return.
QUALIFICATIONS:A certificate in F&B service from a recognized institution with minimum of one year experience in the same position is required
- Outgoing personality, positive attitude and strong communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of restaurant operations, service procedures and function.
- Be able to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of our guests.
- Honesty and integrity
- Have menu and beverage knowledge