Responds in a professional and courteous manner to arriving, departing and in-house guests by providing accurate and timely information and services. Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding reservations, hotel information and guest concerns.
- Greets and completes established check-in procedures for arriving guests on a daily basis, using both manual and computerized methods, in order to ensure guests are satisfied and in rooms as requested.
- Facilitates guest departure (check-out) on a daily basis by following established manual and computer procedures in order to close guest accounts and prepare for the next sell.
- Regularly calculates and/or posts monies, receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit using accurate, proper cash handling methods and established procedures in order to present the customer with timely and precise hotel charges upon check-out and maintain accurate hotel records.
- Courteously answers inquiries and accepts reservations, both in person and by telephone, by accurately communicating hotel rates and information and by using suggestive selling techniques to sell room nights, increase occupancy and revenue.
- Maintains good customer relations by keeping abreast of all in-house and area functions in order to answer questions and concerns with timely and knowledgeable responses in person and on telephone.
- Operates the PBX equipment by answering incoming calls within two (3) rings, assisting outgoing calls, scheduling and setting wake-up calls and paging guests to provide guests with timely and efficient service.
- Maximizing revenue in each phone/desk transaction.
- Controls cash transactions at the front desk and maintains complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel bank agreement policy.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
- Processes all guest mail, messages and faxes by receiving, sorting, notifying and distributing to mailboxes and to guests in order to ensure the information is received by the guests in the most timely and accurate method possible.
- Contributes and maintains established information and communication sources such as department and front desk log books in order to enhance department communications and operations.
Certificate in Front Office Operations from Utalii College or other reputable institution with a minimum of 1 year in a 4 star hotel.
- Fluent in oral and written communication and with a conversant with Opera or similar FO system.
- Must have past experience in dealing directly with the guests and acquired general knowledge of basic customer service skills.
- Has a friendly and personable attitude with each encounter. Represents the hotel with the utmost of professionalism.
- Handles guest issues, challenges, and problems as they arise and comes to a resolution to exceed all guest expectations