EXPERIENCES & THINGS TO DO
Activities around Lake Elementaita:
- Birdwatching – Explore the more than 400 species of birds (including the famous flamingoes) with our expert guides
- Nature walks around the Lake shores
- A visit and dip in the Kikopey Hot Springs
- Camping under the stars
To get to Lake Elementaita, you can either take a road trip from Lake Nakuru National Park’s Nderit Gate or, if driving from Nairobi, the Nairobi – Nakuru highway is scenic with views of the Lakes Naivasha and Elementaita. Both trips take 90 minutes.
This soda lake is visible from the highway when driving from Nairobi to Naivasha. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and one of the best birding destinations in the Great Rift. There are also other animals around the lake such as zebras, gazelles and elands.
Nearby attractions include:
- Hell’s Gate National Park
- Lake Nakuru National Park
- Menengai Crater